Saturday 4 April 2015

The Rapunzel Dilemma

The Rapunzel Dilemma
By Jennifer Kloester

I read this book in the relaxing fresh air by the Murray River. The Rapunzel Dilemma is about a young girl, Lily, whose dream is to be an actor. In order to get there Lily's needs to attend the London Drama Academy. With hard work and help from her uber rich family Lily is accepted into the Academy but it doesn't come without costs. Lily's not used to a life where everything doesn't go her way, so when she starts to get bad critiques and students who do not like her she doesn't know how to handle it. Coupled with the fact Lily has to keep a huge secret from her best friend due to her dad's unreasonable needs, she slowly starts to lose her way. She finds an out of bounds tower where she hides away night after night - the connection to the title of the book. She can't stay locked in the tower, however, and when she meets a mysterious Ronan Carver Lily's not sure she wants to hide away alone forever.
I enjoyed this book due to the romance between Lily and Ronan. Even though their parents and family don't believe they belong together, they know their own hearts. Lily is a spoilt rich kid and Ronan's mysterious past make the novel that much more intriguing. From the beginning I had my suspicions about Lily's new bestie Max at the academy and some were right. I always thought he was the bad guy, however, there is a definite twist at the end that I did not see coming. And can I say, oh how I wish Charlotte's older brother was not gay. He is a total heart throb in my opinion <3
The book was amazing and I recommend it should be read. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment