Saturday 18 April 2015

All Fall Down

All Fall Down
By Ally Carter
 
Image from my instagram account @onelittleopinion

I'm a huge fan of Ally Carter and the Gallagher Girls series so I went in to reading this book with high hopes. I was not let down.
All fall down is about a young girl named Grace who, after 3 years, is returning to her home in the US Embassy on Embassy Row. She hasn't been back since her mother's death, a death she believes is murder but no one will believe her. Unfortunately for her not much has changed since she left. Her grandfather is still a powerful ambassador, the Russian boy next door, Alexei, wont leave her alone due to a promise he made to her brother and her old friend Megan is still hanging around. Grace is forced to make new friends and new alliances in order to uncover the truth over her mother's death. What they discover is not what Grace hoped and could have devastation consequences.
I enjoyed this book due to the fact it's not something you see every day. Embassy Row was not something I had seen included in a story before and the inclusion of Grace being an 'unstable,' 'crazy,' 'army brat' was an intriguing design. I wish the story of Grace and Noah was developed more as well as Grace and Alexei. The book was simple in some areas, which I suppose is okay due to the target audience, however, I wish it has a little more sophistication. Saying that I loved reading it and will be one of the first to buy and read the next book in the series. If your an Ally Carter fan you'll love the book and if you want something unlike whats popular at the moment (vampires and werewolves) then I suggest this book.
All in all, a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment